The next step in sustainability
We place a high value on the well-being of our stakeholders. We recognize that our actions today have an impact on the environment, society, culture, ethics, and governance, as well as the long-term health of our economy, all of which contribute to a higher quality of life. With this understanding, we have taken the responsibility to not only provide better returns and service to our customers, employees, investors, and other stakeholders in the short term, but also to manage our long-term impacts and value creation to create a better tomorrow for everyone and to be proactive in our approach to supporting the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our Sustainability Approach is guided by;
- Sustainable Development Goals (UN)
- Sustainable Banking Initiatives (Sri Lanka’s Banks Association)
- Sustainable Finance Roadmap 2030 (Central Bank of Sri Lanka)
The core pillars of bank’s sustainability strategy are founded on below policy commitments.
- Managing the impacts of operations and value chain and building resilience
- Empowering customers to make sustainable lifestyle and investment decisions
- Supporting the adoption of higher standards in Environmental, Social and Governance performance
- Collaborating nationally and globally to make transformations needed to achieve SDGs